O Muses, O high genius, aid me now

While having posts with lots of photos are fun and particularly easy to do, I want to write more again now that summer school will be officially over by Monday. The posts from 312, Helene, Lin, and Susie are so interesting that I want to create meaningful conversations just like they did in their writing. However the creative juices are not coming and I just can't bring myself to wax lyrical about fashion. I find myself no longer really obsessing over fashion the way I used to a few years ago, so I wonder if I had kind of outgrown it in a way and letting other things take precedence. There is a part of me that fears this because fashion has always been such a big defining part of me and I don't want this blog to turn into a online diary (I shudder at the Livejournal years). I do want to expand my scope and not talking strictly about the things I am going to wear for the day or the things I want to buy etc. etc. I know I will continue to struggle with ideas for the direction of the blog but for now, instead beating myself up about it further, I will log off now and go catch up on movies on my ever growing list of films-to-watch, which includes:
  1. Cave of Forgotten Dreams 3D
  2. Sleeping Beauty
  3. Crazy Stupid Love
  4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
  5. Page One: Inside the New York Times
  6. Life, Above All


Also I just discovered this 30 day challenge to unplug this month at 8pm every work day but I plan to extend it to the weekend because I really do need to curb my internet addiction. Care to join me in this challenge?


13 comments:

ZHENYA ZHURAVLYOVA said...

nice blog!

Wida said...

:/ I wouldn't survive!


Wida
Missing Amsie Blog

Human Racing said...

1. Harry Potter 7.2 was very good! I would suggest not rereading the book before you see it though (if you were planning on it). Ignorance is bliss if you're a stickler for accuracy.

2. Thanks for showing the video! I plan on joining the challenge. I can't wait to see what other subjects you talk about.

Unknown said...

Oh gosh I couldn't manage that! I don't get anything done *until* after 8pm, by the time I get back from work I wouldn't have time to blog!

Good luck with the challenge though, I really admire anyone who can manage it!

Katie said...

What a great challenge, thanks for sharing! I look forward to seeing what you do with it :)

Laura said...

I often feel like things in my life and online need a shake up. For me just gong with where I feel moved works best. You'll settle into your stride :)

I love this 30 day challenge and it is something I will join you on. I loose hours of my life on Pinterest and just mooching around. Good luck

Lindsey said...

Was Cave of Forgotten Dreams good? I saw a preview for it and it looked super interesting.

Rhianne said...

sleeping beauty is on my list too, definitely

Jada said...

I feel like I NEED to do that challenge as soon as school starts again. It would def. make me more productive and not such a procrastinator when it comes to homework! -__-

and hahaha, "I've always wanted to learn how to do a backflip."

Amelia said...

I am definitely doing this 30 day challenge.

Ashley/ MILK TEETHS said...

unplugging after 8pm definitely sounds tempting. i feel like im chained to the internet some days and i hate it.

Anonymous said...

ha! great video, joy. i am addicted to the internet. my immediate reaction to the challenge was: yes! i'll do it! but realistically -- and i'm not just making excuses here -- i need to check the blog occasionally, even after 8pm to see if the site is still up. the site has been offline 2x this week (for whatever reason unbeknownst to me) and i want to make sure that i can reboot the damn server when it does. yep -- that's my fix: reboot the computer! :)

whatever direction you take with this blog, i trust that i'll enjoy it. i've enjoyed your posts and know that whatever your blog evolves into will be beautiful and so very you! happy weekend to you, joy. :D

Constance said...

I saw Sleeping Beauty! And I agree it was amazing! except for the 2 actors at the end I thought!!

xxx
http://www.afrenchinlosangeles.com/